Tuesday 2 February 2016

Resolution.




























Denim Shirt:- Vintage_similar__here
Oversized Blazer:- Primark
Black Cotton Leggings:- Primark
Black Chelsea Boots:- Primark_similar_here
Choker:- Primark
Rings:- Primark






Hey everyone!
Long time no see. Arghhh......so here I go 'again'.....I'm really sorry that it's been a long time since I last posted *face in palms. Sooo....how do I explain this one eh? (Please feel free to just skip this part and just look at the photos)!

So before I start ahem 'explaining myself', I just wanted to talk a little about this outfit which I wore today. This is one of my more casual outfits, I really like the relaxed/slight smart look of it. This denim shirt is my absolute favourite, I purchased it in a charity shop a few years ago for a fiver! It's true thick denim which I love, and is perfect for this awfully cold whether which we are having at the mo. I love charity shops as I feel you can find real gems for a fraction of the price! I kept everything else plain and traditionally black, which I feels contrasts well with the pop of denim. The touch of the silver rings and gothic choker really helps to create some more interest to an otherwise plain outfit.

So, here goes the explaining....
Since I create my blog, I can admit that I've never posted regularly/consistently for long periods of time. The main reason was due to me not having anyone available to take my photos for me on a regular basis. Now when I first created my blog, I didn't have a clue- (I still kinda don't!), I had no idea of even how to use my camera, and I kid you not, I am only exploring the settings on it now! All I knew was that I wanted to do blogging, as a way of my creative expression and to also hopefully inspire people along the way. So at this point, I was unaware of the camera gadgets out there which enable you to take your own photos by yourself.

Now, just to let you guys know, I am an all-or-nothing kind of girl. If I'm going to do something, best believe I'm going to see it through to the end and nothing will get in my path. I had been deliberating starting a blog for about a year and a half before I actually did it. When I did, I felt excited about the creative path I was going to take and I couldn't wait to watch my blog grow from strength to strength.
So when it became apparent that due to the lack of amateur photographers *insert (mother and friends), it honestly pissed me off and irritated me constantly because I had put so much into it at the start, and wanted to continue doing it. Especially when I would go onto other peoples blogs who I follow, and I would see them posting regularly and being consistent with their content.

And then there was life. Throwing it's curveballs at me when I least expected it, so blogging naturally fell to the bottom of my priority list. When we neared the end of 2015/beginning of 2016 I started to do a lot of thinking about my life and the past year. There was a lot of negativity last year....and I realised that I needed to and have come to the place in my life where I feel that I need to do what genuinely makes me happy. And that's being creative.
But now I've made the active decision that 2016 is going to be my year, to be creative and expressive in all the ways I want to be. My resolution for 2016 is that this year is going to be the year when I do what truly makes me happy, and not feel sorry for it. I enjoy blogging, and I have now purchased a tripod and wireless remote for camera, so there are truly no excuses anymore.

Okay okay I will stop explaining/90% ranting now. All in all, what this whole dissertation really means, is that I will be blogging regularly now and properly. :)

.....I really should have just said that in the first place! :)


Sorry about the long post! Until next time peeps!



Love,

V.

No comments:

Post a Comment